In creating awareness and educating more people in getting adequate knowledge and understanding on the cooperatives concepts in Ghana, the Ghana Co-operatives council (GCC) Bono East Regional Cooperative Development officer (RCDO), Mr. Asiedu Anakwah in collaboration with the Municipal DOC director today (11/11/2020) organized a meeting with the “UNDERSTANDING CO-OPERATIVE COCOA FARMING SOCIETY“.
A society located in a town named Aworowa in the Bono east Region and has a membership of over thirty (30). Mr. Anakwah educated them on the principles of cooperatives and encouraged the members to stay and work together to create a better future for themselves, their families and Ghana at large.
About Ghana Cooperative Council (GCC)
Co-operative Associations are apex bodies of co-operative unions and their primary societies. They are mostly national in character. Currently there are thirteen (13) National Co-operative Associations in Ghana who are affiliated to the council. They are:
- Ghana Co-operative Credit Union Association Ltd.
- Ghana Co-operative Distillers and Retailers Association Ltd.
- Ghana Co-operative Marketing Association Ltd.
- Ghana Co-operative Transport Association Ltd.
- Ghana Co-operative Beauticians and Hairdressers Association Ltd.
- Ghana Co-operative Pharmaceuticals Association Ltd.
- Ghana Co-operative Agriculture Producers and Marketing Association Ltd.
- Ghana Co-operative Susu Collectors Association Ltd.
- Sikapa Co-operative Multipurpose Association Limited
- Association of Pentecost Co-operative Mutual Support & Social Services Societies limited
- Brong Ahafo Catholic Co-operative Societies for Development Limited
- Ashanti Regional Co-operative Mutual Support & Social Services Union Limited
- Ada Songhor Co-operative Salt Miners Union
OUR VISION: To become the embodiment of viable Co-operative Apex Associations capable of promoting job and wealth creation for the reduction of poverty among members.
OUR MISSION: The Ghana Co-operatives Council is the supra Apex body of all cooperatives in Ghana. It is an independent apex organization that promotes and develops co-operatives and other self-help organizations on a sustainable basis. The Council facilitates an enabling environment and provides quality services for the economic and social well-being of our members, non-members and the communities. The Council practices and upholds the co-operative principles and values of democracy, co-operation, community development, honesty, transparency
Author : Nana Ama F. Adusei